This convent was built ahead of the construction of the church under the leadership of Fr. Doroteo Andrada del Rosario in 1839. It now also houses the Bantayan Parish Museum. Inside the museum are several artifacts including wooden images of saints and a wheel of bells called rueda that is rung during the consecration of the Eucharist.
Also found inside the museum is an orimon or silla de manos, a covered wooden contraption borne on the shoulders of two men that was used to bring a priest from one place to another. The priest takes this mode of transportation when called to the home of a sick parishioner.
Inside the museum is a copy of the Papal indult that allowed Bantayan parishioners to eat meat during the Holy Week, on condition that abstinence is carried out on some other days. The island is renowned for its elaborate and well-attended Holy Week procession that many people have the mistaken notion that it is the town fiesta.