The parish of San Guillermo de Aquitania in Dalaguete was established in 1711. The current church was built starting in 1802 and finished in 1825. Its facade is divided into three levels integrating a pediment almost devoid of decorations except for embellished niches for statues of saints.
The church has a 3-bodied bell tower connected to the church by the bell toller’s quarters, which has been converted into a baptistry.
The church’s ceiling painting was done by the famed Canuto Avila and his sons.
Attached to the church is a large convent. Its ground floor has as walls massive cuts of coral stones. Its second floor is made of wide planks of Philippine hardwood.
The church is recognized as a National Historical Landmark by the National Historical Institute.