This Spanish-period church was built in 1871 in honor of St. James the Greater, Dapitan’s patron saint.
The interior walls are made of cut stones around one meter in thickness. Except for the finishing, the structure still has the original design and components.
Several renovations have also been undertaken on the altar and the interiors. Inside the church, one finds the historical spot where Rizal used to stand while hearing mass every Sunday.