Categories
Negros Oriental

St. Thomas of Villanueva Parish Church

Bayawan started out as a mission established by Royal Decree of 1868 along with San Sebastian and Inayauan. It was then known as “New Tolong” and served as the seat of government from which the poblacion and Sta. Catalina (Old Tolong) was administered.

The mission supervised the town center and the barrios of Pangadban, Camayan, and Basay.