Negros Oriental

St. Francis of Assisi Parish Church

Manjuyod was established as a parish in 1854 and a Recollect priest arrived that same year to oversee its spiritual administration.

It was, however, the successor of Fr. Jose Maria Ruiz, the town’s first parish priest, who was credited as the “real architect of the town,” according to the publication “Handurawan: Visita Iglesia Negros Y Recoletors.”